Monday, August 2, 2010

1st day of New Teacher Orientation!!!

Hello folks!

Today was my first day of New Teacher Orientation & training at KeeraPat International School (KPIS), and I have to say that this school is beyond lavish! I mean..omg..they have a freakin planetarium IN THE SCHOOL!!!! Like seriously..they are posh (for my UK followers hehe)!

So I get there..they give me a fact sheet to fill out about my educational background and teaching experience to give to the parents. They also ask me about my teaching philosophy. This is what I said: I plan to incorporate edu-tainment to keep the students informed, engaged, and involved. My goal is to promote the importance of a love for learning. This year will be fun! - Cara

Came up with that on the spot! Pretty good, eh?

Well, next we took a tour of the school, and I learned that we have a movie viewing room, a place where you can record students' voices and put it on CD's, a pool, snack shop, and all rooms have sliding glass doors :] To say the least, these kids are paying a pretty penny!

After the tour, we got to visit our classrooms and do some decorating. Well, my room has been gutted from top to bottom so I have to start from scratch :( This is going to be hard work! But..I do have a TT (team teacher) who will help me with decorations and anything I need, especially if I get overwhelmed. So basically I havent decorated anything in my room yet..that part will start tmrw.

Thank GOD all of my lessons have been pre-made for me..so really all I have to do is write out a daily lesson plan as to how I want to implement the objectives listed for each week. I am teaching Pre-K/2, which are the 4-5 year olds. We teach them English, Phonics, Science, Social Studies, and Math in the homerooms.

I also got my class roster and found out that I have a special needs child in my class. A really nice Pre-K/1 teacher named Emma gave me some really good pointers and advice on classroom management and how to deal with him. I hope I do well. Emma said that the parents are really nice and are very helpful and understanding.

To say the least, today has been eventful. I have learned soooo much but still need to learn and do more. Tomorrow, I tackle the task of decorating the room. Guess I need some comfy shoes...

Until next time (which will probably be tmrw haha)...

Life is too short & God is too good. Mai pen rai!

Peace&Love!

1 comment:

  1. so..i realized i forgot a few things that were on your list...what was i thinking?!? will explain on our next skype date. pkg should be there soon.

    i'll look for little learning toys, etc so i can send you some more stuff next month..gotta tell ya that darn postage was over $65...geesh!

    anyway, love and miss you! until our next skype date, be blessed!

    Mom

    ReplyDelete